Friday 4 March 2011

Lush is where it's at!

Today I am deviating from the usual quote - mostly because I want to do a post about the lush bath I just had, and try as I might I cannot find any famous/motivational/inspirational quotes or song lyrics with anything about a bath in them.

So...fridays are my super long day, leave the house at 6.10am and get back at 7.10pm. I am always so tired when I get back, and tonight I am home alone, so I decided to run myself a niiiice long bath to relax into. I love love love lush baths, and I would have two or three a day if I could! I do have one most days, sometimes two if it's a particularly bad day, and they are such a good mood lifter. Having a bath is one of the only things that enables me to relax and switch off, and it reminds me to look after my body. I get so excited picking what to have - if you are a lush virgin, you MUST go and check out the website - immediately!
www.lush.co.uk

Last year it became a ritual of mine to have one of the bath ballistics called 'ne worry pas' from the retro (retired oldies which everyone loves so you can still get them online)

The idea is that you whisper any worries that you have into the little hole and watch them fizz away!

Anyway, I digress...today I had my absolute favourite bubble bar: flosty gritter. Unfortunatley, it has been discontinued and not appeared on the retro section of the site, so I have been saving it for real emergency cases. Tonight was definitely an emergency case if ever there was one: long day, home alone, panicked about work... enter flosty gritter. Here is a picture of the bar



And here is a picture - not by me - of it in the bath


It's a sensual vanilla and lavendar bath, and it foams up like you wouldn't believe, and also there is lots of glitter! (Beware, you only need half the bar). I also like the name of flosty gritter - apparently it was named in a half mocking way at a Japanese employee who kept calling the 'frosty glitter' 'flosty gritter!'. cute or what.

I feel so positive and happy and refreshed after a bath, definitely something to do when you are feeling a bit miserable. A few more of my faves are: phoenix (retro) - good for when you want a fresh start, twilight (ballistic) so relaxing, amandapondo (bubble bar) combined with tisty tosty (ballistic) both smell of rose, sakura (ballistic) creates Japanese cherry blossom in your bath, space girl (ballistic) shaped like a flying saucer and smells of palma violets, ma bar (bubble bar) mmmm chocolatey, fizzbanger (ballistic) very uplifting...the list goes on and on.

I must love you and leave you now
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment