Sunday 6 March 2011

I hearby christen sundays as face mask days!

This morning I decided I would do a face mask and give my skin a bit of TLC. I used this one from Neals Yard Remedies.


I always use things on my face from either NYR or lush...purely because they both use completely natural ingredients in their products. If you are going to use something on your face and body the idea of it having lots of nasty chemicals in it is not in the least appealing to me! I guess its sort of the difference between eating fresh organic foods and eating KFC or something every day, no? There are also the selfless reasons too; these two companies are both very ethical - lush's products are all entirely vegetarian, and NYR uses organic ingredients. Yes they are slightly more pricey - the face mask I used cost £25 (Christmas Present). However it's such good quality and very good value for money...I would estimate I get about 25 uses out of each pot, which averages out as £1 per face mask...not bad!

Anyway, this morning I used this Rose Antioxidant Face Mask from neals yard, and boy does my face feel lovely and soft and pampered now. It's put me in such a good mood. And also, reminds me that my body is worth taking care of. So often I neglect it because I think I'm not worth using nice products on. I used to moisturise my body every day, and now it's as if some part of my brain tells me that if I moisturise, that means I am accepting myself, which I don't. Weird or what. This mornings little pamper session has made me vow to myself to take better care of my body in the future, because it does deserve it, and because it feels good, and because it makes me feel so much better about myself and puts me in a much better mood!

So join me for face mask sundays and inject some positivity into your day :-)

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Today is Sunday and I only just read this post but I really like your idea of Face Mask Sunday and will treat myself to a lovely product this week.
    I did purchase some factor 50 (yes 50!) sun cream for myself this week though and having been out for an hour and a half's walk in bright sunshine today, I'm glad I treated myself.

    ReplyDelete