Friday 4 February 2011

Every Night Has It's Dawn

This quote taken from Poison's 'Every Rose Has It's Thorn' and it's a ray of hope to me right now to be honest. I feel like I am stuck in the night. Did you know that in winter the Arctic has 24 hours of nighttime? That's what my life feels like a bit right now, and as any of you that suffer from depression know, this isn't just the case for me. But 'every night has it's dawn', every winter turns into spring, and every darkness turns to light...I take comfort in the fact that any periods of black depression in our lives must too have an end at some point.

I really like to think of myself as in the nighttime of my day. It provides optimism that soon the darkness will fade. Not that being in a dark period of our lives means that everything is bad. I quote from Stephanie Meyer (naughty I know, having two quite contradicting quotes in one day!) 'Without the night we would never see the stars.' There are definitly stars in our lives that we don't see or fully appreciate until we are in a period of darkness. These can be the obvious - friends and family - but they can also be other methods of comfort. For me I like to write. I perhaps wouldn't write so much if I didn't have so many difficulties, and I know that most of my best poetry has come from some of my lowest points in my life. The dark times of my life have helped me find other hobbies and talents, which to begin with serve as a form of escapism, but in the long run they take on a life of their own! I think its really important to try and remind ourselves that no matter how bad things get, there are always glimmers of hope and positivity in our lives. This week has been one of my worst for a long time, but I have been reminded how amazing and lovely my family and friends are. I have been reminded what my limitations are.

So guys and girls out there, please don't ever give up. I know that we can feel weak, and despairing, and out of fight...but really every night does have its dawn, and so the sun will rise on the day time of our life at some point. We just have to hang on in there, and blindly struggle on until it does. But it will. I can assure you of that.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment